Thursday, April 16, 2009

The magic of technology

Several years ago, when I bought a new printer, I also received a complimentary version of Photoshop Elements. I have thoroughly enjoyed using it over the years, though I am by no means an expert, nor do I know how to use all of the things this wondrous program can do. Nonetheless, I can do some interesting work in this application, and today you get the joy, honor and privilege of a demonstration.

You will notice at the top right of this page a section called "Followers". There had been a photo of someone so indistinct that one might think the individual was in a witness protection
program.
Through the magic of technology, I was able to bring that photo onto my desktop and lighten it up considerably. It didn't look super, but at least one could see that it was a rather attractive, wind-blown young lady.

I then had the idea for this posting, and asked the young lady's permission. She said ok, and offered to email me an original JPEG, which she did.

I was then able to load the new pic into Photoshop, and try to work some wonders. Here is the result:



I must confess that using a comb and brush on a photograph was rather tricky. Incidentally, take a look! She now has used the new photo in the "Followers".

Today's humor:
60-PLUS

Q: Where can men or women over the age of 60 find young, sexy members of the opposite sex who are sexually interested in them?

A: Try a bookstore under fiction

Q: My wife is going through menopause. What can
I do?

A: Keep busy. If you're handy with tools, you can finish the basement. When you are done you will have a place to live.

Q: How can you increase the heart rate of your 60-plus-year-old husband?

A: Tell him you're pregnant.

Q: How can you avoid spotting a wrinkle every time you walk by a mirror?

A: The next time you're in front of a mirror, take off your glasses.

Q: Why should 60-plus-year-old people use valet parking?

A: Valets don't forget where they park your car.

Q: Is it common for 60-plus-year-olds to have problems with short-term memory storage?

A: Storing memory is not a problem, retrieving it is a problem.

Q: As people age, do they sleep more soundly?

A: Yes, but usually in the afternoon.

Q: Where do 60-plus-year-olds look for fashionable glasses?

A: On their foreheads.

Q: What is the most common remark made by 60-plus-year-olds when they enter antique stores?

A: “I remember these!”

2 comments:

  1. Photo editing software really can be a lot of fun! You obviously enjoy it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Hush" about the witness protection program--I'm trying to keep a low profile ; )

    ReplyDelete