Friday, April 24, 2009

Days like that

Every so often I have days that could be better. Yesterday was one of those days. I had a book (World Without End, by Ken Follet) to return to a friend, and a bit of shopping to do. So I phoned ahead just to be sure she would be there. "I'll come out and get it. Save you coming in," she said. "I'll call you from my cell phone when I pull up," I responded.

So off I went. Several blocks later I realized I didn't have her phone number on my cell, and didn't know it off the top of my head. Darn! And then I realized I didn't have the book! So I had to turn around and go back home. Finally delivered the book.

Then I went to buy some bagels. Now I've been doing this for years, so I always know to ask them to slice the bagels in half. And give me a couple of freezer bags. Well, almost always. Not yesterday. And then I did some other shopping elsewhere.

This morning I was rooting around the kitchen looking for the bagels. Finally realized I'd left them in the car. (My, the car was fragrant when I opened it.) I didn't think I could slice bagels with only one hand, so I called another friend to ask if she would be so kind. She was most kind. Thus ends the tale of One of Those Days. Could have been worse, I suppose.

Fun time:

These contractors are installing the steel pillars in concrete to stop vehicles from parking on the pavement outside a Sports Bar downtown.

They are now in the process of cleaning up at the end of the day and anxious to go home.

How long do you think it will be before they realize where they parked?

3 comments:

  1. Must have been the placement of the moon and stars. The last two days were challening at my end of the world.

    Those workers are a little stupid, you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Compared to the contractors, your day wasn't too bad. I often use the phrase "One step forward, two steps back" (instead of "Two steps forward, one step back.")

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is just perfection! Makes the day so much btter, doesn't it?

    So, what happened? Did the van stay there all night?

    ReplyDelete