Monday, April 13, 2009

Horoscopes


This morning I was glancing at the horoscopes in the paper. That reminded me of an interesting story. Some years ago, before I was married, I joined a singles group. One evening the president announced that we were going to put on a dance, and he gave the date, time and address where people could come to help. So the following Saturday I showed up to see what assistance I could render.

The group had decided that the theme of the dance would be the signs of the zodiac. One talented person was going to paint each of the signs on large pieces of cardboard, and they wanted someone to come up with some wording to paint onto the signs. I said I would do that if someone would tell me what the signs were supposed to represent. They did, and I did, making up these phrases off the top of my head.

Came the night of the dance, and the decorations including these painted signs circling the room was quite impressive. What startled me, though, was individuals coming up to me over the course of the evening, and saying, ‘How did you know?” “How did I know what?” “ That saying is me!” Or “That fits me to a T”. Well, the wording I dreamed up was pretty general, and if the shoe fits, ...

For your benefit, and possibly mine, I have entered my email address in my profile. Now if you want to comment by email, feel free.

And LynnM, I have a question to ask, and would appreciate it if you would email me. Thanks.

Now, as promised, three more picture/phrase puzzles. What phrase or saying does each of the following represent?




































Answers:

1. iPod

2. Dr. Pepper

3. Whole milk

1 comment:

  1. And here I was about to type "eye of the needle" on the first one.

    ReplyDelete