Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Greeting cards

I have been making greeting cards to send to friends and relatives for nearly 30 years. My first ones were in black and white (these days called “grey scale”) on my very first Apple IIe. The advent of color printers was an obvious improvement.

Now I’m no artist, but I have purchased hundreds of thousands of graphics, people email me interesting photos like the ones I show here, and I discovered that Google has tons of graphic material. (That zodiac I used recently was from Google.) It’s just a matter of a little imagination to dream up a card.

For instance, here on the left is the front of a birthday card.










And here is the inside.









Another example. Obviously an anniversary card.

Front











Inside












And you still want some humor? Try these:

DEFINITIONS

Fishing: That’s where you have a jerk at one end waiting for a jerk on the other end.

Golf: That’s where you put a small ball about an inch and a half in diameter on top of a bigger ball about 7,000 miles in diameter, and try to hit the little one without hitting the bigger one.



DEFINITION OF “OLD”

First you tell your friends that you are having an affair...
Then your friends ask you, “Are you having it catered?”
That, my friends, is the definition of OLD!

3 comments: