Monday, April 20, 2009

HE DID IT!

The vet was concerned that Chipper would not regain the ability to fly after his collision with the wall. But this morning I saw him fly up from the ground to his cage rather easily. Looks like he is fully recovered. This photo is Chip in his own cage.


I wanted to get a closer shot of him, but being the prima donna he is, he would have none of it.

In a comment to a previous posting, someone noted the ladders used by the birds, and wanted to know if they climbed anything else. Well, Chipper prefers to fly (United?), but cockatiels love to climb. Pepper will climb practically anything he can get his beak and claws into. He climbs up (and down) the sides of both cages, the couch in the living room, the telephone stand, electric cords, my leg, and anything else that looks appealing. In this photo he is going up the brake cable on my walker.

Fun time:

Jon and Dan are in a mental institution which has an annual contest that picks two of the best patients and gives them two questions. If they answer correctly, they are released.

Jon is called into the doctor's office first. The doctor says, "Jon, what would happen if I poked out one of your eyes?"

Jon says, "I'd be half blind."

"That's correct. What would happen if I poked out both your eyes?"

"I'd be completely blind." The doctor tells him that he is free to go. On Jon's way out he tells Dan the questions and answers.

The doctor asks Dan, "What would happen if I cut off one of your ears?"

Dan says, "I'd be half blind."

The doctor, slightly puzzled, continues, "What would happen if I cut off both your ears?"

"I'd be completely blind."

"Dan, how can you explain that you'd be blind?" asks the doctor.

"Well," replies Dan, "my hat would fall over my eyes."

2 comments:

  1. And here I was expecting the more typical "takes kidneys" punchline, tapping his forehead, that my father-in-law loves to tell. Meantime, I'm very glad Chipper's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Chip! Even though I don't wear hats, if I lost both my ears I'd be blind too because my bifocals would fall off.

    ReplyDelete