Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ends and odds

Today is day 100 of the Obama administration. Whether one agrees or disagrees, things are certainly different.

"You've got troubles, right here in River City", said the Music Man. Well, I've got enough of my own troubles, and they're not even set to music. Had difficulty getting online -- modem problem -- but got that fixed.

I needed to contact a friend this morning, so I dialed her number. "Don," she cried, "where have you been? I've been trying to reach you for two weeks!" Well, I hadn't gone any place. Turns out that I'm not getting incoming calls. That may explain why it's been so quiet around here. No trouble outgoing, or getting online, or with email, but incoming? Nada. So naturally I called the phone company. Great deal of "Please hold while I test your line", and after half an hour, I was given a ticket number, and told that someone would get back to me in 24 to 48 hours. If it ain't fixed, they won't reach me. Fortunately they gave me a number to call if I don't hear from them.

Okay, enough with that stuff. How about something to make you laugh!

GREAT TRUTHS THAT ADULTS HAVE LEARNED:


1) Raising teenagers is like nailing jelly to a tree.

2) Wrinkles don't hurt.

3) Families are like fudge...mostly sweet, with a few nuts.

4) Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground..

5) Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

6) Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy.
7) Middle age is anyone 10 years older than you.
8) Old age is when there is no one else around that's your age.

2 comments:

  1. Hope they fix your phone fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a joke for you, one of the only ones I know so don't expect more. For full effect you have to say it out loud and know the geography of Ireland.

    Q: How is a man from Fermanagh like a pregnant cow?
    A: They're both close to Cavan. (Get it?)

    ReplyDelete