Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hobbies

When I told my son Clifford that I had started a blog, he said, “Oh, good. Now you have a hobby”. Yeah, along with the greeting cards I make, the photos I print, the music CD’s I make for myself and others, and maybe you could also include the work I do for the park magazine. I really needed another hobby!

But it is fun. I enjoy seeing the comments on both this blog and Alison’s. What I don’t know is how many of you see the posting, but don’t leave a comment. Okay, tell me I shouldn’t complain.

Fun time:

Ordinarily I do not like jokes that poke fun at a particular group -- Poles, Italians, blondes, etc. But this is one for which I make an exception, for reasons you will discover.

An attractive blonde boards a plane in L.A. going to New York. She is very tired, wants to sleep and is happy to see that she has a window seat. No one would be climbing over her.

A young businessman boards the same plane, and is delighted to see that a blonde (presumably dumb) will be sitting next to him during the flight. "I'm going to have some fun with her", he thinks to himself. He sits down, and introduces himself, and suggests they play a game on the way to New York. "No, no", the blonde protests. "I just want to get some sleep." "Oh, come on," the fellow says. "It'll be fun. I ask you a question, and if you can't answer it, you pay me $5. Then you ask me a question, and if I can't answer it, I pay you $5."

"No, I really just want to sleep."

"Oh, come on. Tell you what. A question you can't answer, you pay me $5. A question I can't answer, I pay you $50."

"No, please. I'm really very tired."

"Now really, it'll be fun! Tell you what -- Any question I can't answer, I'll pay you $500."

The blonde thinks to herself that if she doesn't go along for at least a little while, this guy will bug her all the way to New York. "All right," she says, but just for a while."

"Great! Tell you what -- you ask the first question."

"Okay. What goes up a hill on four legs, and comes down on three."

The guy is dumbfounded. He racks his brain. Then he pulls out his laptop and searches every library he can reach. After about an hour (while the blonde has been sleeping), the fellow says, "Okay, I give up." And he reaches into his wallet and hands her five one hundred dollar bills. "What does go up a hill on four legs, and comes down on three."

She doesn't say a word, but reaches into her purse, hands him a five dollar bill, and goes back to sleep.

4 comments:

  1. Heh.

    There are various websites that will track your statistics for you and even tell you the google search terms that land someone here. Right, and if I could think of their names...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don, if you go to my blog and look to the right (you may have to scroll down), you'll see that I have a counter and also "Feedjit". There's a "click here to get it" on each. Some people lurk for a very long time and one day you write about something totally different and there they are in the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Joansie. I have a counter on my blog and get regular updates as to the number of "hits" per day and the country they originated from. I often have 200 or so "hits" from people all over the world yet only a handful of people comment. I think you would enjoy a "hit counter".

    Don't get too discouraged by a small number of comments. Lack of comments does not indicate a lack of loyal readers. Also it can take years to build up a steady readership. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete