Monday, April 6, 2009

Household Hint


Now what could that gadget be? If you say backscratcher, you're right. What do I use it for? If you say to scratch my back,you would not be right.

Because of my handicap, it is very difficult for me to bend down and get clothes out of the back of my front-loading clothes dryer. In fact, I fell down one time trying to reach something, and had to call the fire department to come pick me up.

Ah, now you are getting the idea! Yes, I do use the backscratcher to retrieve items I cannot otherwise reach. That little dot you see near the teeth is a hole by which I hang it up when not in use. Feel free to be a copycat.

Humor time:

60-PLUS

Q: Where can men or women over the age of 60 find young, sexy members of the opposite sex who are sexually interested in them?

A: Try a bookstore under fiction

Q: My wife is going through menopause. What can
I do?

A: Keep busy. If you're handy with tools, you can finish the basement. When you are done you will have a place to live.

Q: How can you increase the heart rate of your 60-plus-year-old husband?

A: Tell him you're pregnant.

Q: How can you avoid spotting a wrinkle every time you walk by a mirror?

A: The next time you're in front of a mirror, take off your glasses.

Q: Why should 60-plus-year-old people use valet parking?

A: Valets don't forget where they park your car.

Q: Is it common for 60-plus-year-olds to have problems with short-term memory storage?

A: Storing memory is not a problem, retrieving it is a problem.

Q: As people age, do they sleep more soundly?

A: Yes, but usually in the afternoon.

Q: Where do 60-plus-year-olds look for fashionable glasses?

A: On their foreheads.

Q: What is the most common remark made by 60-plus-year-olds when they enter antique stores?

A: “I remember these!”

2 comments:

  1. Heh. We weren't yet 40 when there was some museum of technology that had one of those monster discs, a couple of feet across, for running mainframe computers. My hubby goes, I worked on those!

    And it was in a museum already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a useful gadget. Maybe Mr. Obama's team of gift-pickers should consider it instead of iPods and DVDs.

    ReplyDelete