Wednesday, October 9, 2013

REQUISITE FOR LIFE

Scientists tell us that water is a prime requisite for life on earth.  Here are a few photos of that life-giving substance --






























Fun, perhaps --

I don’t know if you will find these funny or simply interesting. The following two quotes are from the daily paper:

“I guess I should warn you, if I turn out to be particularly clear, you’ve probably misunderstood what I said.”
Alan Greenspan, former chairman, Federal Reserve Board.

“I served seven years as the chair of the Princeton economics department where I had responsibility for major policy decisions, such as whether to serve bagels or doughnuts at the department coffee hour.”
Ben Bernanke, current chairman, Federal Reserve Board.




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gorgeous photos--but that second one stopped me a moment with the instant thought of, wow--who *built* that? Who stood over that gap and and and...!

    As for the Federal Reserve, thank heavens it's going to be Janet Yellen--the woman who warned Larry Summers et all that the economy was going to do what it did do in 2009. Saw it coming. Knows her stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I agree with the scientists on the water thing. Even though it feels like there's too much of the stuff here (rain, damp -- a few dry days are noticed when I can mow the lawn filled with moss and mushrooms) I wouldn't want to live in a place lacking the stuff.

    As for falls, my favorite place to see them was Ricketts' Glen Pennsylvania this time of year.
    http://rickettsglen.org/

    ReplyDelete