Thursday, October 24, 2013

NOT WELL, revisited

I’ve not felt well for the past couple of weeks. No appetite, no energy, upset stomach. When I finally got to the doctor, he had me get a blood test. That led to an ultra sound, which led me, yesterday, to a gastroenterologist whom I had seen before many years ago.

After listening to my complaints, he examined me and came to the conclusion that I need a colonoscopy. Arrgh!

That will be tomorrow. Today is the nasty day since I have to take a bottle of laxative, and then have it power wash my insides. You can find me in the bathroom.

As it happens, I like this doctor. He is very reassuring without glossing over the problem. One thing that makes him interesting is that his last name is seven (7) syllables long!

I’ll be back when I’m able.

Fun --

I was in the express lane at the store, quietly fuming.  Completely ignoring the sign, the woman ahead of me had slipped into the check-out line pushing a cart piled high with groceries.  Imagine my delight when the cashier beckoned the woman to come forward, looked into the cart and asked sweetly, “So which six items would you like to buy?”

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the prep day is the worst--my sympathies.

    I got a letter in the mail from El Camino Hospital a couple years ago, touting their new cancer center, oh so solicitous of my health, then warning darkly that I was over 50 now, I needed to have a colonoscopy, you know...

    I laughed and laughed and laughed and laugh. Ah my. Just didn't quite buy *enough* of my history, did they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about how "disruptive" prep day is. I've also heard from people that prep-day made them feel better by itself. Hope the procedure goes well.

    Your seven-syllable acquaintance reminds me of one of my favorite math profs, checking in with 9: Bruno Andriamanalimanana

    ReplyDelete