Tuesday, October 15, 2013

AUSTRIA IN WINTER

Even if you’re not a snow bunny, you may find these winter photos to be extraordinary.

















































See the figures on top of the peak!



Humor --

COMMENTS MADE IN THE YEAR 1955
(That's only 58 years ago!)

"I'll tell you one thing, if things keep going the way they are, it's going to be impossible to buy a week's groceries for $20.00."

"Have you seen the new cars coming out next year? It won't be long before $2, 000.00 will only buy a used one."

"If cigarettes keep going up in price, I'm going to quit. A quarter a pack is ridiculous.”

"Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging a dime just to mail a letter?"

"If they raise the minimum wage to $1.00, nobody will be able to hire outside help at the store."

"When I first started driving, who would have thought gas would someday cost 29 cents a gallon. Guess we'd be better off leaving the car in the garage."

1 comment:

  1. I'm sitting here in a cold house looking at those cold pictures and part of my brain is screaming NO NO NO. I left New Hampshire for California and I am not moving back!

    ReplyDelete