Monday, October 7, 2013

“GREEN” CREATURES, Part 2

A few more for you to enjoy.

























Humor --

A FIRST-HAND EXPERIENCE
(Storyteller unknown)

One day my mother was out and my dad was in charge of me and my brother who is four years older than I am. I was maybe one and a half years old and had just recovered from an accident in which my arm had been broken among other injuries.

Someone had given me a little “tea set” as a get-well gift and it was one of my favorite toys. Daddy was in the living room engrossed in the evening news and my brother was playing nearby in the living room when I brought daddy a little cup of ”tea”, which was just water. After several cups of tea and lots of praise for such yummy tea, my mom came home. My dad made her wait in the living room to watch me bring him a cup of tea, because it was “just the cutest thing!!” My mom waited, and sure enough, here I come down the hall with a cup of tea for daddy and she watches him drink it up, then says, “Did it ever occur to you that the only place that baby can reach to get water is the toilet??”

And sure enough....!!



2 comments:

  1. Ch-ch-ch-chia (thinking of No.3 for some reason.) Two other thoughts occurred to me. First, how fragrant privet clippings and flowers are. Second, how little 2 year old friend Elleri taught my 3 year old about the toilet tea-party idea. Her mom suggested I put an outside lock on the bathroom. I decided it might just be easier not to have Elleri and her mother over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the topiarical evidence of creative flora-essence!

    ReplyDelete