Monday, June 1, 2009

THE YO YO EFFECT

But instead of up and down, it’s in and out -- of the hospital. As I mentioned a posting or three ago, I awoke last Tuesday morning in pain -- in my right groin area. Tests at the hospital didn’t turn up anything. They sent me home on Thursday. Saturday morning I was hurting again, so back to ER. They medicated me and sent me home. Sunday morning I woke up with pain -- this time in the right hip area. Back to the hospital. More tests, but everything showed normal. I’d been saying all along that it was a chiropractic problem, so I made an appointment, and my just-returned-doctor-from-vacation determined that my pelvis was out of alignment. And he then proceeded to describe the pain that can result from that problem, which was precisely what I’d been suffering.

This is a rough sketch of the pelvis out and then back in alignment. He just took a hammer and chisel, and pounded it back where it belonged. Well, not exactly -- but he does have a special table to perform the task.


Fun time:

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

There are more collect calls on Father's Day day than any other day of the year.

Allow yourself time to be lazy and unproductive. Rest isn't a luxury, it's a necessity.

The most ironic fact about Mel Blanc (the voice of Bugs Bunny) is that he was allergic to carrots.

"Living on earth is expensive but it does include a free trip around the sun every year."

Of course good luck exists. How could we otherwise explain our enemies's success.

***

There was a young man from Yuma
Who told an elephant joke to a Puma.
Now his skeleton lies
'neath western Skies,
'Cause the Puma had no sense of huma!

***

TECH SUPPORT: "O.K. Bob, let's press the control and escape keys at the same time. That brings up a task list in the middle of the screen. Now type the letter "P" to bring up the Program Manager."

CUSTOMER: "I don't have a 'P'".

TECH SUPPORT: "On your keyboard, Bob."

CUSTOMER: "What do you mean?"

TECH SUPPORT: " 'P' on your keyboard, Bob."

CUSTOMER: "I'm not going to do that."

2 comments:

  1. Glad you'll be starting the next trip around the sun in proper alignment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a follower of Alison's, I was glad to learn that you are now home. Have a happy birthday!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete