Tuesday, June 2, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, (repeat) you know the lyrics



So I have turned 79. Actually, it’s 179, but I would never admit to that. Birthday party this evening -- all three of us -- me, Cliff, and Joline, an old friend, who prefers the phrase “friend of long standing”. Trouble is, I can’t stand for long, so “old friend” it is.

Eric is fixing my favorite dinner: roast chicken, corn on the cob, and peas with little pearl onions. Joline is bringing the cake. Yum!

Comments on comments:

Thank you, RobinH. I love your joke. May I use it on my blog?

Thank you, LynnM. Looks like things are coming into alignment, both bodily, and astronomically.

And to Northside Knitter, thank you Diane.

It’s quite marvelous having all these friends I’ve never met in the flesh, as it were.

Humor:

DAFFY-NITIONS

ADULT:
A person who has stopped growing at both ends and is now growing in the middle.

BEAUTY PARLOR:
A place where women curl up and dye.

CANNIBAL:
Someone who is fed up with people.

CHICKENS:
The only animals you eat before they are born and after they are dead.

COMMITTEE:
A body that keeps minutes and wastes hours.

DUST:
Mud with the juice squeezed out.

EGOTIST:
Someone who is usually me-deep in conversation.

HANDKERCHIEF:
Cold Storage.

INFLATION:
Cutting money in half without damaging the paper.

MOSQUITO:
An insect that makes you like flies better.

RAISIN:
Grape with a sunburn.

SECRET:
Something you tell to one person at a time.

SKELETON:
A bunch of bones with the person scraped off.

TOOTHACHE:
The pain that drives you to extraction.

TOMORROW:
One of the greatest labor saving devices of today.

YAWN:
An honest opinion openly expressed.

WRINKLES:
Something other people have.
You have characte lines.


2 comments:

  1. I love roast chicken, corn on the cob, and peas but you can have my pearl onions!

    Happy Birthday e-pal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aagh! I was waiting for a week to say happy birthday ON your birthday and then space-cased out! Well, happy birthday a little late, and I'm glad you had such a good time. Watch out for helium cake.

    ReplyDelete