Friday, June 26, 2009

HEALTH CONCERNS

Frankly, I have been both astonished and gratified at the number of people who have shown concern about my health. As I noted in a recent posting, no one seems to know what is causing all this pain.

How do I feel? In words of one syllable or less, I hurt. Actually, I feel pretty good (nothing at all) when I'm asleep. I slept quite a lot on Thursday. The doctors seem relieved that the bone scan did not show anything new, but ... what is it?


as I commented tor someone, I don't tend to post about my health problems because to me it sounds like complaining, and I don't like complainers, including me. My son puts up with me, thank Heaven. If you think I should say more in the postings, I'll try to be factual.

I’ve never done this before. Perhaps your prayers will reveal to SOMEbody what the problem is, and (I hope this isn’t asking to much) what to do about it.

My son Cliff says he’s going to stop asking how I feel because each time he does, I give him this grim look. (Some comedian years ago made a comment about drinking gin and making rye faces. Except I can make rye faces without drinking the gin.)

***
Following day, Saturday, June 26:
Saw my chiropractor today. His considered opinion is that my trouble is in the right hip, and there is not much that he can do with chiropracty. He suggests a hip x-ray to determine what, if anything, should be done. Cortisone shot? Hip replacement? Shoot me? I’m pretty disgusted. I can’t even lie in bed for any length of time.

Sorry for all this griping. Let’s try a bit of humor:

THIS IS A DETECTIVE STORY
So Pay Close Attention!!!

Three elderly ladies are excited about seeing their first baseball game. They smuggle a bottle into the ball park. The game is real exciting and they are enjoying themselves immensely, mixing the Jack Daniel's with soft drinks. Soon they realize that the bottle is almost gone and the game has a lot of innings to go.

Based on the given information, what inning is it and how many players are on base? Think! Think some more!! You're gonna love it. Answer is below the next funny.

FUNNY NOTES FROM PATIENT CHARTS

~ "The patient left the hospital feeling much better except for her original complaints."

~ "Discharge status: Alive, but without permission."

~ "On the second day the knee was better, and on the third day it disappeared completely."

~ "I saw your patient today, who is still under our car for physical therapy."

~ "The patient lives at home with his mother, father, and pet turtle, who is presently enrolled in day care three times a week.

DETECTIVE STORY ANSWER

It's the bottom of the fifth and the bags are loaded!

2 comments:

  1. Don, I will say a prayer for you tonight that they (the doctors) discover what is causing your pain and are able to give you some relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How open are your doctor and chiropractor to exploring "natural" medicine, that is supplements not from Big Pharma? CoQ10, Glucosamine and Chondroitin are included in "senior dog" formulas, and my collie took them with great success. Now whether she would have improved with simply rest is another question but she went from only walking to eat dinner and do her business (little else for six week) to then building back up to regular walks. I will say this, if cortisone takes away your pain, take the opportunity to rest "comfortably" instead of resting "uncomfortably." I hope your body can heal itself with rest and the right conditions!

    ReplyDelete