Wednesday, June 3, 2009

...and many more


We had my birthday party last evening, and it was a great success. The food was good, the conversation was light and friendly, and a good time was had by all.

That's an old friend (or as she prefers, a friend of long standing) Joline, to your left, then yours truly (Eric had to take about 4 shots to get a decent smile on my face) and son Clifford, who did a credible job of carving up the chicken.

Joline brought dessert -- a chocolate souffle cake that was absolutely delicious, and so light we nearly had to eat it off the ceiling. She may not like my telling this incident, but it was funny. After she lit the candles, she shook out the match she used, and blew out half the candles in the process. Oh, well, relit, as you can see.

I wouldn't exactly call the following video humor, though the vehicle is pretty funny looking. I have no idea what is being said -- Japanese, I believe -- but I love the way this thing parks.



2 comments:

  1. Would you look at that cake?! Yowza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just waiting for the day teenagers try to see how many of them they can fit in that car as they drive it around! That is one cool car, though, and the swivel mode would be great for handicapped parking.

    ReplyDelete