Sunday, June 7, 2009

HUMMINGBIRD LANE

The following came to me in an email. It needs little, if any, comment from me.




"This is something I have never seen before, or ever even heard of. This woman lives in a Hummingbird fly zone. As they migrated, about 20 of them were in her yard. She took the little red dish, filled it with sugar water and this is the result.


The woman is Abagail Alfano of Pine, Louisiana. She has been studying them daily and one
morning put the cup from the feeder, with water in it, in her hand. As they had gotten used
to her standing by the feeder, they came over to her hand. She says in touching they are as
light as a feather. Abagail also said, 'if she had known her husband was taking pictures she
would have put on makeup.' “
















I love the shot of the bird coming in on the right. As I commented to my son Cliff, he looks like a fighter plane coming in for a landing on an aircraft carrier.












"Hey, gang, the food is over here!"










"Now you may wonder why I called this dinner meeting..."

2 comments: