Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Keepin 'cool


It has been so hot in South Australia for over a week...40+ degrees Celsius (104 degree Fahrenheit) everyday. Very dry also.

A guy at work lives at Maude. His wife sent him these photos of a little Koala which just walked into the back porch looking for a bit of heat relief. She filled up a bucket and this is what happened! (Photos are dated 30 January, 2009)










Testing the waters











Hey! Not bad!















No, you can't join me! All mine!













Fun time: From “Awww” to “Hahaha”
UNITS OF MEASUREMENT

1 million microphones:
1 megaphone

1 million bicycles:
2 megacycles

2000 mockingbirds:
two kilomockingbirds

365.25 days of drinking low-calorie beer because it's less filling:
1 lite year


1 kilogram of falling figs:
1 Fig Newton

1000 milliliters of wet socks:
1 literhosen

1 millionth of a fish:
1 microfiche

1 trillion pins:
1 terrapin

10 rations:
1 decoration

100 rations:
1 C-ration

2 monograms:
1 diagram

8 nickels:
2 paradigms

2.4 statute miles of intravenous surgical tubing at Yale University
Hospital: 1 I.V. League

2 comments:

  1. Wow!

    I have a post somewhere in my archives about the stuffed tiger my father brought me from a tour of the Steiff factory in Germany when I was little. My little sister got an animal, too: a gray koala. I've always been interested in tigers and koalas and it's all his fault.

    Those pictures are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fig Newtons. HAHAHAHA! Cutest koala but I understand they can be gremlin-like.

    ReplyDelete