Monday, June 29, 2009

More news on the health front.

Frankly, I’m getting tired of all this medical stuff. I’m hoping (yes, and praying) that I can get on to more interesting happenings -- like the Ice Cream Social that Cliff and I are planning for our Mobile Home Park.

Sunday morning started badly very early -- as in shortly after midnight. I was in extreme pain,
andIcamethisclose to calling 911 and asking them to haul me off to the hospital. Instead I called my M.D.’s answering service looking for the on-call doctor. Ultimately my own doctor reached me and advised a heavier dose of morphine. Took that and finally got to sleep. He said he would get back to me later that day.

My M.D. consulted with another doc, and they think I may have prostatitis -- an inflammation and/or infection of the prostate. He said that both the location and level of pain point to that diagnosis. It's treatable without going to the hospital. He ordered me both an anti-inflammatory and an antibiotic, which I have started to take.

I slept large chunks of Sunday. Now it is 9 p.m., and I feel fairly decent. Time for more of the medication he ordered. More of this tale as it unwinds and finally wags.

How about something funny? And how did you do with Saturday’s quiz? Are you as smart as a 4 year old?

THE DIFFERENCE IN WIVES

Three men were sitting together bragging about how they had given their new wives duties. The first man had married a woman from Idaho, and bragged that he had told her she was going to do all the dishes and house cleaning that needed to be done at their house. He said that it took a couple of days, but on the third day he came home to a clean house and the dishes were all washed and put away.

The second man had married a woman from Utah. He bragged that he had given his wife orders that she was to do all the cleaning, dishes and the cooking. He told them that on the first day he didn't see any results, but
that the next day it was better. By the third day, his house was clean, the dishes were done, and a huge dinner awaited him on the table.

The third man had married a California girl. He boasted that he told her that her duties were to keep the house cleaned, dishes washed, lawn mowed, laundry washed and folded, and hot meals on the table for every meal. He said the first day he didn't see anything, and the second day he didn't see anything, but by the third day most of the swelling had gone down and he could see a little out of his left eye. Enough to fix himself a bite to eat, load the dishwasher, and telephone a landscaper.

3 comments:

  1. I shoulda been a California wife! HAHAHAHA!

    Hope that's the bingo diagnosis and you're starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better very soon. I'll be thinking about you and sending good healing vibes your way.

    I think I am a California wife living in Idaho. ;-P

    LisaK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep getting better! I'm glad they paid attention.

    I ain't touchin that joke with a ten foot Missus-ippian.

    ReplyDelete