Wednesday, June 22, 2011

UNUSUAL MIXTURE

The following are photos from National Geographic.  Indeed, they are most graphic!  Some are beautiful, some calming, some violent.

In that first one, I think someone is rock climbing, but I'm not sure.

































































Humor --

RETIREMENT GOLF

Arthur is 90 years old, and has played golf every day since his retirement 25 years ago. One day he arrives home looking very downcast.  "That's it," he tells his wife. "I'm giving up golf. My eyesight has got so bad, that when I've hit the ball, I can't see where it goes."

His wife sympathizes and says, "Why don't you take my brother with you, and give it one more try?"

"That's no good," sighs Arthur. "Your brother is 97, and won’t be able to help."

"He may be a 97," she says, "but his eyesight is perfect."
So the next day Arthur heads off to the golf course with his brother-in-law, tees up, takes an almighty swing and squints down the fairway. He turns to the brother-in-law, "Did you see where the ball went?"

"Of course I did!" says brother-in-law. "I have perfect eyesight!"

“So, where did it go then?"

There is a long pause before the bother–in-law replies, “I don't remember."

2 comments:

  1. I don't believe those pictures were taken of THIS planet. I do believe they were all taken from the TV series "Star Trek." As proof I say I have wandered this planet for 46 years and have seen no such thing AND I have seen every episode of every series of Star Trek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joshua tree in that last one, isn't it? I remember as a teenager my dad saying they were the oldest living things on the planet, older than the redwoods--and that people had finally gotten a clue and stopped cutting them down to count how old they were, because, um, at however many thousand years, it was going to take awhile for the next generation to play catchup.

    ReplyDelete