Thursday, June 30, 2011

ROBINS

A robin laid 4 eggs in a hanging basket on a family porch.  It was close enough to get these remarkable shots over a period of four weeks.  The photos are a little fuzzy because I captured them from the video.

If you don't like the captions, blame me.




Freshly laid.





 Hi, Mom!







Sitting on the eggs, just as any good mother would.






 Here’s the first chick.  I think they are born with their mouths open.







 Here are three of the mouths, er, babies










The early bird gets the worm?






Aha! All four hatched.








And the chorus of this song is, “Feed me first!”








The kids are getting bigger!











...And bigger, until, finally ..





The nest is empty.  “Bye, kids.  Go find your own food.  Love, Mom.”





Humor --

Intuition is that strange instinct that tells a woman she is right, whether she is or not.

 A wise woman puts a grain of sugar into everything she says to a man, and takes a grain of salt with everything he says to her.

Housework is what a woman does that nobody notices unless she hasn’t done it.

3 comments:

  1. I saw a really thin, tiny robin the other day and I wonder if it was a newbie. Robins live here year round and always seem really porky. Would you look at those hungry baby mouths? Er, beaks. No wonder they grow big and strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been enjoying the recent photos :-}
    I have a strong affection for robins. One of my best friends growing up was named Robin as well :-}

    ReplyDelete