Saturday, June 4, 2011

QUITE A BIRTHDAY WEEK!

I turned 81 on Thursday, but it was recognized all week.

I received cards by snail mail, email, delivered to the back door,  best wishes by phone, a four leaf clover from a friend in Ireland, had a long telephone chat with another friend in Ypsilanti, Michigan, had a tooth filled by the dentist (that was exciting),





had friends over to share Baskin-Robbins ice cream cake,













received a book, a box of candy, cookies, and Happy Birthday sung to me about a half dozen times over several days.

A lot of fun!



Humor -

A woman went to court and told the judge she wanted a divorce.  "Do you have any grounds?" the judge asked.  "Just two acres," she said.  "That's not it, lady; I mean do you have a grudge?"  "No, we park the cars in front of the house," she replied.  The judge was frustrated: "Does your husband beat you up?"  "No,” she said,”I get up before he does." "Then why do you want a divorce?!" the judge asked.
"Because," she confessed, “we just don't seem to communicate."

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy BIRTHDAYYYYY dear DONNNNNN... Happy birthday to you! And many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great birthday festivities week! I wish I could have had a slice of that tasty-looking B-R cake! (It's cold now and my daughter just baked some fruit crumble this evening but back on your birthday the weather was warm and some ice-cream would have been nice!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week! I enjoyed our conversation immensely :-}

    ReplyDelete