Thursday, September 16, 2010

OBSTACLES

Now that I can scooter over to my favorite shopping center, I’ve discovered a bit of a problem.  Once I get onto the El Camino Real sidewalk,  I make my way down to the shopping center, and there is one stretch of about 8 or 9 feet that is not concrete, but wooden boards.  Those boards are in dreadful condition, and the one time I rode over them I was afraid I was going to fall through.  I would think that whoever is responsible for the sidewalks would want to keep them in decent repair for fear of someone tripping, falling, and breaking a limb.

So I’ve been trying to reach the proper department, which ever one that might happen to be, at the city of Mountain View to complain about it.  So far, no luck.  I know which departments it’s NOT -- police, fire, finance, garbage, sewers, and on and on.  I left a message for somebody, but ‘somebody’ has not returned the call.  I’ll keep trying.  Ah, how boring would life be without these little problems for us to solve.  Will keep you posted, if you’ll pardon the pun.

Humor -

Airline messages --

On a flight where there is no assigned seating, you just sit where you want.  Passengers were apparently having a hard time choosing, when a flight attendant announced, "People, people we're not picking out furniture here, find a seat and get in it!"

                   ---o0o---

 On another flight with a very "senior" flight attendant crew, the pilot said, "Ladies and gentlemen, we've reached cruising altitude and will be turning down the cabin lights. This is for your comfort and to enhance the appearance of your flight attendants."

                  ----o0o---

On landing, the stewardess said, "Please be sure to take all of your belongings.. If you're going to leave anything, please make sure it's something we'd like to have."

                  ----o0o---

"There may be 50 ways to leave your lover, but there are only 4 ways out of this airplane."

1 comment:

  1. I would highly recommend not scootering over that--you're a brave soul for doing it once! Good luck; maybe if you tell them you have an ADA issue?

    ReplyDelete