Wednesday, September 15, 2010

ALL’S WELL THAT ENDS WELL ...

As a  Shakespeare might say.  Following my day of frustration with the Veterans Administration phone tree, I tried again this morning.  Same result.  Bah, humbug!  So I phoned through to the switchboard operator, and explained my problem.  “Don’t use that phone number for appointments,” I was told.  “Try this one instead.”  My Heavens!  That worked!  Absolutely nothing like having the right information.

Fun stuff -

Last of the funny signs --
In a Restaurant window: 
"Don't stand there and be hungry; come on in and get fed up." 
 
In the front yard of a Funeral Home: 
"Drive carefully. We'll wait." 
 
At a Propane Filling Station: 
"Thank heaven for little grills." 
 
And don't forget the sign at a 
CHICAGO RADIATOR SHOP: 
"Best place in town to take a leak."
Sign on the back of another Septic Tank Truck: 
"Caution - This Truck is full of Political Promises

1 comment:

  1. It's always nice when the matter is resolved. Next time you know to START with the switchboard operator!

    ReplyDelete