Sunday, September 19, 2010

NOT ABOUT THE FOOD

Last evening we had one of those potluck dinners at the clubhouse.  This is where everybody brings a little something, and there is ALWAYS food left over.  But this not about the food.  What I find most enjoyable is the socializing.  All the back and forth and give and take.  Well, I was sitting there in my scooter, when a woman I did not recognize came in.  She looked at me and made some complimentary remark about my scooter, and we started to chat.  I introduced myself, and she told me she was Diane C.  I knew instantly who she was -- a neighbor only 4 doors down from me.  And I had a bit of trivia to share with her.  I told her that her Aunt Beverly and I had gone to school together in San Francisco all the way from kindergarten through high school.  That rather surprised her. 

What I did not remember then, but recalled later at home was this additional bit of trivia:  When I was in the second grade (now that was a few years ago) the class put on a play of Hansel and Gretel.  I was Hansel, a little girl named Jeanette was Gretel, and dear Aunt Beverly played -- the wicked witch!

Fun --

Which somehow reminds me of an old joke told to me by an Italian dentist.
Q:  What are the 10 hardest years in an Italian’s life?
 A.  Second grade

***
Money talks, but all mine ever says is “Goodbye”.

***
Fishing:  That’s where you have a jerk at one end waiting for a jerk on the other end.

1 comment:

  1. What a delightful connection you made--you're going to have to go tell her the rest of that.

    ReplyDelete