Wednesday, June 27, 2012

FINE FEATHERED FRIENDS

Although I like birds, I know the names of only a few.  So in the coming posts, I will give most my own names.  If you know the official names, please let me know.  Thanks.


Attack Parrots!




Bashful pretties




Red crested yellow tails




Parakeet triplets (I know these are 'Keets)




Black Redwing




Maybe Mallards  (most likely)




Helicopter Landers




Blue chested fluffy bird




Definitely Blue Bird



Humor  --

This is a funny out of real life. Happened this morning to me. I had a call from my cardiologist’s office. Receptionist: “The doctor would like to see you.” Don: “I can send him a photograph.” Receptionist: “Nice try.”

***
A DC 10 had come in a little hot, and so had an exceedingly long rollout after touching down.  The tower then gave the following instructions:
“San Jose Tower to American 751, make a hard right turn at the end of the runway, if you are able. If not, take the Guadalupe exit off Highway 101, make a right at the lights, and return to the airport.”




2 comments:

  1. Third picture: cedar waxwings. Fifth picture down: red-winged blackbird. Sixth: Mandarin duck, non-native. Seventh: looks clearly a member of the Kingfisher family, but I'm not seeing orange on the face on Sibley; might be a non-native variant because everything else is clearly kingfisher about it. Last: indigo bunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, I think you need to contact the authors of the book because "Blue Chested Fluffy Bird" definitely needs to be listed.

    ReplyDelete