Saturday, June 30, 2012

EASTER ISLAND STATUES

The Stone Statues in Easter Island have bodies!  This is absolutely incredible.  Here we've been thinking for all these years that they were just heads.











They are going to be absolutely huge when they are completely excavated. 










It all just adds to the mystery of these amazing sculptures. 






Maybe now they can get more information about them seeing as they have writings on them.






(That was the text that came with the photos.  To me, it appeared that the buried bodies were intended to 
keep the heads in place.  I also read that the bodies have been known for some years because a 
few were just lying right out on the ground.)


Humor --

A Jewish grandma and her grandson were at the beach. He was playing in the water, she was standing on the shore, not wanting to get her feet wet, when all of a sudden, a huge wave appeared from nowhere and crashed directly onto the spot where the boy was wading.

The water receded and the boy was no longer there but was swept away.  The grandma held her hands to the sky, screamed and cried, "Lord, how could you?
Haven't I been a wonderful grandmother?
Haven't I been a wonderful mother?
Haven't I kept a kosher home?
Haven't I given to the B'nai B'rith?
Haven't I lit candles every Friday night?
Haven't I tried my very best to live a life that you would be proud of?

A voice boomed from the sky, "All right, already!" A few minutes later another huge wave appeared out of nowhere and crashed onto the beach. As the water receded, the boy was standing there. He was smiling and splashing as if nothing had happened. The voice boomed again. "I have returned your grandson.  Are you satisfied?"

She responded, "He had a hat."


4 comments:

  1. Wow. Tip of the Easter Island iceberg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pretty birds but I especially appreciate all the Donmyerian names!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool about the statues!
    One of my degrees was anthropology with emphasis in archaeology, so that kind of thing is fascinating to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The statue of limitations wasn't expired with them after all, eh?

    ReplyDelete