Saturday, August 17, 2013

WHO HE?

Several weeks ago I wrote about things going wrong, including my camera.  As I wrote back then, I learned that I could buy a new one for little more than the cost of repair if I sent my old one to the camera manufacturer.  So that’s what I did.

They didn’t say how long it would be to deliver my new one, so as a week stretched into nearly two, I didn’t think too much about it. Then the other day I thought I’d better check it out. I did have a confirmation number.
“It’s at the (mumble) station,” the young lady told me.
“Where?” I asked. “Who is the carrier?”
“It’s at Fdmumble near you”
“Oh!” I exclaimed! “Fedex!”
“Yes, Fdmumble.”

It turns out that Fedmumble couldn’t deliver it because the address was incomplete, as well as sent to, no, not Donald Meyer, but (get this) Ronald Villalobos.  Sorry, no one by that name at this address. At least, not the last time I looked. Since the Fedex driver had an incomplete address, and a wrong name, he couldn’t deliver it. So this morning Cliff drove me to the Fedex station where we retrieved my package.

The next step is to read (at least some of) the instructions, and try to take pictures. A quick glance at said instructions tells me that not only does this technological marvel take pictures, but it cooks breakfast, makes the bed, monitors the temperature here in the house, and takes out the garbage. On the other hand, maybe not. I’ll keep you informed, and if you should run into Mr. Villalobos, tell him it’s my camera!


Other humor --

A KID’S VIEW OF ANGELS

I only know the names of two angels. Hark and Harold.
Gregory, 5

Everybody's got it all wrong. Angels don't wear halos anymore. I forget why, but scientists are working on it.
Olive, 9

It's not easy to become an angel! First, you die. Then you go to heaven, then there's still the flight training to go through. And then you got to agree to wear those angel clothes.
Matthew, 9

Angels work for God and watch over kids when God has to go do something else.
Mitchell, 7

My guardian angel helps me with math, but he's not much good for science.
Henry, 8

Angels have a lot to do and they keep very busy. If you lose a tooth, an angel comes in through your window and leaves money under your pillow. Then when it gets cold, angels go north for the winter.
Sara, 6

Angels talk all the way while they're flying you up to heaven. The basic message is where you went wrong before you got dead.
Daniel, 9


2 comments:

  1. I'm just glad they let you have your camera when you went to pick it up! And that you got it. I remember in college my parents sending me a much-anticipated package and they got the address wrong. Someone signed for it very scribbly and unintelligible and took it in in some apartment complex and I never got it back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ronald I get, and maybe Mountain View is "Wolf Town"?
    Okay, I don't get it either.

    ReplyDelete