Thursday, August 22, 2013

A SAVORY WAY TO GO

There seem to be a gazillion uses for onions.  Both for eating and other non-food uses.  A Google search will keep you busy for some while, but I didn’t find any mention of the following --


That's one way to keep the kids quiet.




Ack! Bugs!




Ready for the cook-off competition




Got the time?




The gardeners are here!




Bunch o' cards!  The one in the back, center looks cross-eyed.




...And in today's news ...




Looking for the ski lift.




Hey, look! A new breed of turtles!


Humor --

I OWE MY MOTHER

~ My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.
"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."

~ My mother taught me RELIGION.
“You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

~ My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"

~ My mother taught me LOGIC.
" Because I said so, that's why."

~ My mother taught me MORE LOGIC.
“If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."

~  My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."




2 comments:

  1. I just read a few days ago that you can make cuttings of roses by snipping a branch, poking it into a potato, and planting the potato and the new rose roots will take off from there.

    Okay, so, not onion related but it's what I've got. Plus it sounds pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While we're off the topic of onions, I just started an avocado from a pit on the windowsill. Okay, not roses or potatoes either (that rose thing sounds pretty nifty! Must try that.)

    Poor cute onions, no one is commenting on them today!

    ReplyDelete