Thursday, August 8, 2013

RULES OF THE ROAD

A slow day on a dirt road.




This guy wants to pass. Seems to be in a hurry.




Where you going, buddy?




Look! I’m leading this line of cars. Not you!




Don’t get obstinate with me, buddy. I’m bigger than you are!




You get my point!




Okay, okay! I get it! Now turn me back over.



Humor --

LEAVING AN IMPRESSION

Having  just moved into his new office, a pompous, new colonel was sitting at his  desk when an airman knocked on the door. Conscious of his new position, he  colonel quickly picked up the phone, told the airman to enter, then said into  the phone, "Yes, General, I'll be seeing him this afternoon and I'll pass  along your message. In the meantime, thank you for your good wishes,  sir."

Feeling as though he had sufficiently impressed the young enlisted man,  he asked, "What do you want?"
"Nothing important, sir," the airman  replied, "I'm just here to hook up your telephone."

2 comments:

  1. Yow! I hope whoever it was was okay!

    We have friends who went on a trip to Africa, including an animal preserve, and they showed us a slide show of a herd of elephants. And then of an elephant running at them, ears wide, and said that while they were taking that picture, the driver, flooring it, said that elephants hold their ears out wide when they're angry first as a warning and then as a declaration of intent as they charge.

    So I was looking at the ears in these photos, and it looks more like, hey, you scratch my back I'll scratch--hey! Where you going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That elephant sure knows how to make a point!

    ReplyDelete