Friday, August 23, 2013

BIRD’S EYE VIEW

It’s amazing what one can see from above on a clear day.  Take a look at part one, and you’ll see what I mean.


Amsterdam




Athens, Greece




Bac Son Valley, Vietnam




Barcelona, Spain




Capetown, South Africa




Chicago, Illinois




Island in the Maldives




Moscow, Russia



Humor --

I OWE MY MOTHER

~ My mother taught me IRONY.
"Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."

~ My mother taught me about the science of
   OSMOSIS.
"Shut your mouth and eat your supper."

~ My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM.
"Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"

~ My mother taught me about STAMINA.
"You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."

~  My mother taught me about WEATHER.
"This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."

~ My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
"If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"


2 comments:

  1. When I saw Chicago from that kind of vantage point, it was all twinkling lights offset by the deep darkness of the lake. Make that Lake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have imaged that's what Barcelona looks like.

    And my mom taught me stamina, except using green beans.

    ReplyDelete