Monday, May 27, 2013

PULLING ALLIGATOR TEETH

At least that’s what it felt like. I have my landline telephone and DSL Internet service with my Internet Service Provider. A week ago last Wednesday my landline phone decided to not have a dial tone. So I called my Internet Service Provider to find out what was wrong, and please get it fixed.


Without getting into all of the glory details, it did not go well. Numerous indications of restored order went unfulfilled, and there were other problems that went along with the major one. Finally, eight days after the origin of the problem, it was finally fixed. So now I can phone out and others can call me.

Now, I felt, was the time to insist on a credit for the lost phone service. So I called my dear ISP to see what kind of a credit they would give me. The first person I spoke with offered me an amount so small, that I felt insulted, and said so. Just for the record the amount offered was less than one dollar a day of lost service. Then he doubled it. I said that it was a long way away from what I had in mind. He explained that he was only following the procedure laid down for him, and that was the best he could do. I said it was not good enough. He raised it once more. Still too low. He said that was as high as he was allowed to go. I suggested that he transfer me to someone who could do better, and he did so.

The supervisor, for that’s who it was, was a reluctant to offer me any more than the last person had. I won’t call it an argument, but he and I got into a spirited discussion on what was fair. He made an offer; I rejected it. And here is where it got funny. I asked him that if the problem were his, would that offer satisfy him? His response? No it wouldn’t... and I just burst out laughing. He must have been embarrassed because he asked if I would wait a moment on hold, and then he came back and offered me an amount 10 times the original offer. I accepted that. And by that time it felt like I had been pulling alligator teeth!


Humor -

IT’S SO HOT THAT…

Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"

You realize that asphalt has a liquid state.

The potatoes cook underground, so all you have to do is pull one out  and add butter, salt and pepper.

Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying boiled eggs.

The cows are giving evaporated milk.




2 comments: