Friday, May 3, 2013

BIRDS - FUNNY and CUTE, part one

Tweet! Squawk! Urp! Cheep!  We have some variety here.

* * *

But first, a last minute quiz.  the following sentence was in an article in this morning's paper.  It made me wince.
You do see the problem, don't you!  Explanation at the bottom.  I know three blog followers who will spot it immediately.  It is not the content, but the sentence structure.  "The legislation would also have mandated tech firms, banks, and other businesses to say with whom they are sharing the data with."

* * *

Back to the boids --



Here comes Ma. Hope she has something to eat!



Great view from up here.



Ok, speak up! Who hit me over the head?




You may admire my wedding gown.
(Yes, I know. The peacock is the male. But I couldn't resist.)




Oh, yes, I'm real. I'm a puffin.




I'm sad because she rejected me.




So sue me! I can't do a thing with my hair!


Humor --

ALL ABOUT THE FAMILY -

There are two things a child will knowingly share – communicable diseases, and its mother’s age.

Money isn’t everything, but it sure keeps you in touch with your children.

The best way to keep children home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant, and let the air out of their tires.

Parents are not interested in justice; they are interested in quiet.

Everyone wants to save the earth. No one wants to help mom dry the dishes.

Any child who is anxious to mow the lawn is too young to do it.

Always be nice to your children because they are the ones who will choose your rest home.

***
Quiz explanation:

"... to say with whom they are sharing the data ."  That final 'with' is unnecessary, so let's get with it.



2 comments:

  1. Yikes!
    'With whom they are sharing the data with"???

    And to think that person gets paid good money to write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of those birds look formidable. I wouldn't want to eat my sandwich too close to the last one!--LynnM

    ReplyDelete