Saturday, January 26, 2013

THE DOLOMITES

The Dolomites are a mountain range in the south eastern Alps. Since 26 June 2009, the Dolomites are listed as World Heritage by UNESCO.

















I was curious to see what this photo in heavy shadow would look like if lightened up a bit.




Ah, that does make a difference.  Quite a bit more detail.












Humor --

TALES OF THE TECHNOLOGICALLY CHALLENGED

Customer:  I'm trying to connect to the Internet with your CD, but it just doesn't work.  What am I doing wrong?

Tech support:  OK, you've got the CD in the CD drive, right?

Customer: Yeah....

Tech support:  And what sort of computer are you using?

Customer:  Computer? Oh no, I haven't got a computer. It's in the CD player and all I get is weird noises.

* * *
Tech support:  What kind of computer do you have?
Female customer:  A white one...


2 comments:

  1. Yeah...memories of my grandparents were going to call a repairman because their icemaker didn't work. Richard opened the fridge. Water flow: Off. On. It was switched to, you guessed it, Off.

    Hero on the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought a dolomite was a rock. Checked it on 'the google' and I see they come from the Italian Alps. Ah, see what you learn .

    ReplyDelete