Thursday, January 31, 2013

A FEW ANIMALS IN KENYA

 Not too many varieties in this posting, but you may find them interesting.


 Cliff and I decided that this is a young Impala.
(No, not the automotive kind)




 Here's a close-up of what may be the same young one.




 The adult Impalas have horns.




 Yes, we know this is a giraffe.




 I've no idea what this is. It's hard to check on Google without some notion of a name.




 Cliff clued me on this one. It's a baboon.




  Baboon with young one.




  And this may be an adult male.




 I have no idea what this is. If you have any idea, let le know
and I can check it on Google Images.




 A water buffalo.




  Okay, are they white with black stripes, or black with white stripes?
Does it make any difference?




 I can't tell from the back, but is this a meerkat?


Fun --

IN OTHER WORDS, concluded.

Once again, The Washington Post has published the winning submissions to its yearly contest, in which
readers are asked to supply alternate meanings for common words. Winners include:


~  Balderdash (n.), a rapidly receding hairline.

~  Rectitude (n.), the formal, dignified bearing adopted by proctologists.

~  Oyster (n.), a person who sprinkles his conversation with 'Yiddishisms'.

~ Frisbeetarianism (n.), The belief that, when you die, your soul flies up onto the roof and gets stuck there.



2 comments:

  1. I'd love to go to Kenya. I'll let you know what they are once I visit!

    ReplyDelete