Friday, November 5, 2010

KNIGHT, KNIGHT

I was back at Avenidas this morning for the last of my required assessments, and I am now officially a participant.

For the third time, at lunch, they put me at the table with the other Don's (and a couple of other fellows.)  As the aid pushed my wheelchair over to that area, I heard her say that I would be at the Knight table.  That had me a bit puzzled, until they set up a round table for lunch.  Ah, the knights of the round table!  No armor, but we did get table settings.  And water.  And then we waited.  And waited.  And waited, which prompted me to say that perhaps they call it the knight table is that one has to wait 'til (k)night to get served.  Small laugh.  We did get served, eventually.

Humor --

Slept like a log last night........ Woke up in the fireplace.

***
If you never want to see a man again, say, "I love you, I want to marry you, I want to have your children."  Sometimes they leave skid marks.
  Rita Rudner

***
He has as much backbone as a chocolate eclair.
  Teddy Roosevelt

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't resist:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdrEmZ35fxc

    ReplyDelete