Monday, July 5, 2010

CREEPY, CRAWLY THING

No, not a bug. My computer. It crawls along at a creepy pace. So I called Apple Tech, and after some discussion, it was decided I needed more RAM. Well, I knew I needed more, but my computer, too? So I checked to find out if this model would even take more memory. Yes, it would -- twice as much. So I made an appointment with my nearest friendly Apple store, and Saturday Cliff and I drove there. I was taken virtually right on time, and was assured that, yes, this model would take another gigabyte of RAM. Let’s see if we have any in stock. Oops, none in stock. Will have to order it. Come back next week, please.

So probably by Wednesday I will be back at the Apple store, and they will install the new chips while I wait. Good enough.

Humor -

Concerned when one of his most reliable employees doesn’t show up for work, the boss calls the worker’s home. The phone is answered by a small child. "Is your daddy home?”
“Yeth.”
“May I speak to him?”
“No.”
“Well, can I speak to your mom?”
“No, she’s with the policeman.”
“Well then may I speak with the policeman?”
“No, he’s busy talking to the man in the helicopter that’s bringing in the search team.”
“Good grief, what are they searching for?”
“Me.”

1 comment:

  1. When the CHiPs are down, Apple comes through and a small boy gets found!

    ReplyDelete