Friday, July 5, 2013

AMAZING ANIMALS

One of my blog followers, after viewing the posts about dogs, asked, “Can I add one to the dogs?”  She has a Border Collie named Pippa. Sure, why not?  At that point I was out of dog pics, so I had to come up with a way to include Pippa.  Here she leads off some other amazing animals of various kinds.


Pippa after her bath.  She mushed up the carpet to make a fine place
while she rested and dried off.




Here she is again in a better pose.




A picture of this beautiful strange-eyed kitten, taken in  Lovech, Bulgaria
in the summer of 2009, by Bobby Pfeiffer.




This horse breed, Akhal-Teke from  Turkmenistan was announced the most beautiful horse in the world.




Einstein - The World's Smallest Horse.  If I'm reading that ruler
correctly, Einstein is about 30 inches tall.




California Red-Sided Garter Snake.




Unbelievable Camouflage by Satanic leaf-tailed gecko.
This gecko from Madagascar is a master of disguise, but that's not the only way it avoids an attack from predators. It flattens its body against the leaves to reduce its shadow, and opens its jaws wide to show an intimidating, bright red mouth. Like many other lizards, it can also shed its own tail to distract a predator.




This is how Giraffes drink water.



Humor --

HOW TO CLEAN THE HOUSE

1. Open a new file in your PC.

2. Name it "Housework”.

3. Send it to the RECYCLE BIN.

4. Empty the RECYCLE BIN.

5. Your PC will ask you, "Are you sure you want
to delete ‘Housework’ permanently?"

6. Calmly answer, "Yes," and press mouse button firmly.

7. Feel better? Works for me!



3 comments:

  1. Pippa is beautiful!

    I had to go google the snake, thinking, that's got to be photoshopped. But I guess in the right light and the right lens--but wow. Beautiful, and keep it away from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Pippa is famous, and immortalized now!

    When she bothers me later tonight I must remember I'm living with an internet STAR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute as heck.. And if I'm not mistaken.. the ruler by Einstein shows just under 20 in. not 30 in.. Real or not, cute as heck I say again...!

    ReplyDelete