Wednesday, October 17, 2012

PATHWAYS

Here are a dozen different ways to get from here to there. Some seem quite benign; others are not my style, thank you. Perhaps you are more brave than I.



Wherever it leads, it's a beautiful way to go.




   Gorgeous view, but if you're driving, keep your eyes on the road.




 Well, that looks easy enough.




 No thank you. I like to see where I'm going.




Uh, I'll pass!




 I can't even tell what this is.




 My heavens, there are even two lanes.




 Well, here's an easy way to go.




 That's not too bad if you don't get car sick.




 Here's another one I will happily skip.




Ah ha!  This I recognize! This is the California Street hill in San Francisco, where little cable cars climb halfway to the stars.  As a fearless San Franciscan, I drove up and down this hill many times.




  And this is Lombard Street in San Francisco, that famous twisty street that is 
one way only, down, of course.  I have driven it many times.
Humor --

Corporate Quotes--

“As of tomorrow, employees will only be able to access the building using individual security cards.  Pictures will be taken next Wednesday, and employees will receive their cards in two weeks.”  
  
 
“What I need is an exact list of specific unknown problems we might encounter.” 
 
                                              
“E-mail is not to be used to pass on information or data.  It should be used only for company business.” 

“This project is so important we can't let things that are more important interfere with it.”

“Doing it right is no excuse for not meeting the schedule.”                                           

“No one will believe you solved this problem in one day! We've been working on it for months.  Now go act busy for a few weeks and I'll let you know when it's time to tell them.”

Quote from the Boss: “Teamwork is a lot of people doing what I say.”
                                      
“We know that communication is a problem, but the company is not going to discuss it with the employees.”

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, and better the photographer than me in some cases. That walking bridge? Ain't goin', no way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to visit the San Francisco area one day but I'm glad I don't live there. NOT because it doesn't look wonderful just that being car-free means I have to walk and I'd hate to have to walk uphill both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos make me want to take a long walk especially now that I can...

    ReplyDelete