Wednesday, October 24, 2012

GERMANY

 These are scenes from Germany. Enjoy!


 I've had black forest cake; now here is the real thing.




 Beautiful town.



 How come they always take these photos on a beautiful sunny day?




 I think they refer to the big piece of rock; not the little chunk out on the left.




 This  appears to be on a river since I see a few bridges crossing the water.




 This would have to be on the coast to judge from the size of that cargo ship.




 That looks like the sun peeking through the trees.




 2962  meters is about 9700 feet. Pretty high to be in your backyard.



 Fun stuff –

Did I read that right?

Did I read that sign right:
TOILET OUT OF ORDER; PLEASE USE FLOOR BELOW

In a Laundromat:
AUTOMATIC WASHING MACHINES: PLEASE REMOVE ALL YOUR CLOTHES WHEN THE LIGHT GOES OUT


In a London department store:
BARGAIN BASEMENT UPSTAIRS 
 


In an office:
WOULD THE PERSON WHO TOOK THE STEP LADDER YESTERDAY PLEASE BRING IT BACK OR FURTHER STEPS WILL BE TAKEN

3 comments:

  1. Funny how many of those place names match last names of people I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Bavarian winter. Reminds me of when I was an exchange student to Sweden and would go cross-country skiing every "day" after school (though there wasn't always sun.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! I was an exchange student too, to Koblenz - the picture you have of Koblenz is the Deutches Eck, or German Corner, where the Rhein and Mosel rivers come together. There are bridges just beyond the picture, to the left on the Rhein, and above on the Mosel. This view is actually from my neighborhood!

    Germany is a gorgeous place, even when it's not sunny... :-)

    ReplyDelete