Friday, October 12, 2012

HOME AGAIN IN ONE PIECE!

I had my knee surgery this afternoon, and all things considered, it went rather well. It seems that the paperwork took about as long as the operation itself. There were forms to fill out the front desk, and then a nurse called me in, led me to a bed, and proceeded to ask a number of questions that I had previously answered. But that’s the procedure in hospitals; make sure the data is correct.

The nurse was quite friendly, and kept saying things like, “is it okay if...” and “is it all right if...” My response was, “You’re going to do it, anyway.” She needed to hook me up to an I.V.  She made two stab at it, and I mean that literally. Neither was successful, and she said she would have the anesthesiologist do it. He did.

Scheduling in hospitals is not always on time. But in this instance we were a few minutes ahead of schedule.
My surgery was scheduled for 1:15 this afternoon, and they took me about 1:10. My doctor had told me that the procedure would take about 40 to 45 minutes, and when they wheeled me back to the room, the clock read 1:55. Pretty darn good, I’d say.

I expected a certain amount of pain in the knee, but the doctor must have filled me with a good deal of pain medication. It is now more than five hours since the surgery was completed, and I  have yet to feel much of anything. But I’ll know more when the pain medication wears off.

My thanks to all of you who wished me well. It worked!

***
Now it is the following morning.  I cannot yet stand without help, but I am astonished to see that the leg will bear weight.  And the pain level is quite low.  Getting better.


Humor --

Corporate Quotes--

“As of tomorrow, employees will only be able to access the building using individual security cards.  Pictures will be taken next Wednesday, and employees will receive their cards in two weeks.”  

  
“What I need is an exact list of specific unknown problems we might encounter.”  
                                              
“E-mail is not to be used to pass on information or data.  It should be used only for company business.” 

“This project is so important we can't let things that are more important interfere with it.”
“Doing it right is no excuse for not meeting the schedule.”                                           

“No one will believe you solved this problem in one day! We've been working on it for months.  Now go act busy for a few weeks and I'll let you know when it's time to tell them.”

Quote from the Boss: “Teamwork is a lot of people doing what I say.”
                                      
“We know that communication is a problem, but the company is not going to discuss it with the employees.”




3 comments:

  1. What an efficient place! Pretty darn good, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending thoughts for swift sure healing!
    Per my mom, your knee will feel much better than it has for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete