Thursday, October 25, 2012

ON A KNEED TO KNOW BASIS

Those of you who follow this blog know that about two weeks ago I had arthroscopic knee surgery. For the first few days I was unable to stand up on my own, and Cliff had to pick me up every time I wanted to move. At first the pain was quite negligible, but as the days went on, the pain became stronger,  and I was using Tylenol to relieve it.

When I saw the doctor a week after surgery, he suggested I use an anti-inflammatory instead of Tylenol. So that’s what I’ve been doing. That seems to help, but I still have difficulty standing up.  Cliff put pillows on my wheelchair, and that raises me enough – – usually. The problem is that the pillows tend to slide backward when I inch my way forward, putting me in an  awkward position to get up. Now we are using a cushion from the back of the couch, and that seems to work quite well, thank you.

Enter the nurse at Avenidas. She told me that she wanted me to stay in the wheelchair until I was able to demonstrate that I could stand up and move on my own. She talked to the physical therapist about me, and they decided that the therapist would see me for a few weeks, and help me get back to my normal (sub – normal?) self. So now, for a few weeks, anyway, I am confined to “quarters” – – my wheelchair while at Avenidas. I’ll live!

Enough of this stuff. How about something funny?

A BEAUTIFUL MARRIAGE    
    
Two  brooms were hanging in the closet and after a while they got to know each other so well, they decided to get married. One broom was, of course, the bride broom, the other the groom broom.

The bride broom  looked very beautiful in her white dress. The groom broom was handsome and suave in his tuxedo. The wedding was lovely.  After the wedding, at the wedding dinner, the bride-broom leaned over and said to the groom-broom, 'I  think I am going to have a little whisk broom!' 

'IMPOSSIBLE !' said the groom broom. 

(Are  you ready for this? Brace yourself; this is going to hurt!) 

'WE  HAVEN'T EVEN SWEPT  TOGETHER!' 

2 comments:

  1. "Kneed" to know--ha!

    Have you considered a sort of "wedge"pillow for your chair? I use one when I 'm at my spinning wheel because it "tips" forward. I'll try to find a link. Mine was cheap but I paid more for sleeping wedge pillows for the child with GERD. Same principle just larger. I recommend them!

    ReplyDelete