Monday, April 30, 2012

ANIMAL PICS, part 2

Okay, a few more.  With captions.  Beautiful animals and birds --


Who dat in dere?




I keep ‘em close to home.




Just like that airplane that carries the space shuttle back to Florida.




Aha!  Dinner!




Yeah, scratch right there by my ear.



That’s right!  Open wide!




I did NOT lay this thing!




This is great exercise.  Now how do I get down?[




Humor -

GREAT COME-BACKS

Abraham Lincoln vs. Stephen Douglas after Douglas called him “two-faced” during a debate:
“I leave it to my audience.  If I had another face, do you think I would wear this one?

Calvin Coolidge vs. An Opera Singer 
Audience member:
“What do you think of the singer’s execution?”
Coolidge:  “I’m all for it.”

Pierre Trudeau vs. Richard Nixon upon hearing that Nixon had called him an a--hole. 

“I’ve been called worse things by better men.’



Oscar Wilde vs. Lewis Morris. Morris had just been passed over for the Poet Laureateship.
Morris:  There’s a conspiracy against me, a conspiracy of silence, but what can one do?  What should I do?
Wilde:  Join it.

1 comment:

  1. The "space shuttle" pic made me think of Alison's backyard. Good thing she doesn't have a pond (restocking costs would mount up.) I say that 'cause herons here have been known to go for the garden goldfish.

    ReplyDelete