Monday, August 29, 2011

COOL!

Cool things, from people who think outside the Box


 Sleeping in an aquarium is very quiet.  Fish don’t bark.




 No, no, the youngster is not a basket case.




Well, it is unusual!



 You can see just how much of a charge is left.




Come on in!  The lack of water is fine!




Time to get off to a fast start.  Don’t forget your umbrella.




 Books for every level.





Well, somebody has to keep the wires off the ground!




 For those who cannot use neither an analogue nor digital timepiece.




Humor from real life --

(With this one, if I didn’t laugh, I’d cry.)
The other day when I checked at VA - yeah, them again - I was given my “Personal Health Journal Update”.   This consisted of several pages detailing my various ailments, and a listing of all my prescriptions.  Each medication indicated how much and how often it should be taken.  One of them read as follows (really!)
INHALE 2 PUFFS INHALATION BY MOUTH EVERY DAY TO PREVENT BREATHING

***
We had a new fellow at our Avenidas lunch table the other day.  Even though he was sitting, I could tell he was quite tall.  Someone asked him how tall he was.  His response?  “Five foot seventeen.”  I know someone taller than that, don’t we, Alison.

***
One more from Avenidas --
They are preparing for their annual Avenidas Follies.  This includes both staff and participants.  I was told that last year one person played the harmonica, another the guitar, and yet another the piano.
Me:  “I can play the radio.”


2 comments:

  1. Love that clock at the end. I wish I could watch it change time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a bookcase like that! Love the clocks. But where on earth is that sleeping-with-the-fishies? I'm drying to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete