Saturday, December 18, 2010

IN THE NEWS

Interesting item in this morning’s paper.  It seems that there is a rift in the San Jose Police Department union.  One group of members are unhappy with the way the union administration is handling its affairs, and are urging other union members to join another union.  The administration group is saying SOLIDARITY!  and DIVIDED WE FALL!

The opposing group leader says (and this is a direct quote from the paper), “I disagree.  Democracy is a difficult thing.  It should be fought over on a continual basis.  If not, we’d all be having high tea at 4 o’clock.”

Well, yes.

And I believe it was Winston Churchill who said, “Democracy is the worst form of government, except compared to all the others.”

***
Ooof!  I was reading a detective story this afternoon, when I fell asleep in the recliner chair.  I looked at my watch and realized I hadn’t posted anything yet.  And I’m still half asleep.

Anyway, I thought the following series of photos were both adorable and funny.  Enjoy!  (See you on Monday.)

Fun --

How sweet, the owner grabbed a camera instead of chasing the puppy away.  (And 'sweet' seems to be the operative word here.)














2 comments:

  1. When Pippa was a puppy she got covered in yellow paint. Now I wish I had a picture but then it was straight into the bath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. The things you let your kids do when they're tiny because it's funny and they're cute, they think is okay to do and they do again when they should know better, because it was okay then, so...

    So I'm glad someone has a not-trained puppy, because that was adorable!

    ReplyDelete