Saturday, February 6, 2010

DRIVE...

but not as in golf.
Back in 1986, when I first had my brain injury, I did not drive for some 6 weeks. When I was released from rehab, Amalie drove me home, but a day or so later I said I wanted to drive the car. She was a bit reluctant, but agreed as long as she went with me. I drove around the mobilehome park a bit, just to regain the feel of it, and then pulled into a narrow parking space at the clubhouse. Am”s remark? “You cheat!”

Fast forward to a couple of days ago. It has been some 7 months since I drove. I said to Cliff that I wanted to try driving. His remark? “Not on the freeway!” And he, too, insisted in coming along. Once again I merely drove around the mobilehome park, just to get the feel of it. Felt good. Since then I’ve driven around locally. No, not on the freeway. Came back rather easily.


Have fun -
Here are some church signs. The English do have a way with words!







2 comments:

  1. I haven't driven since 1989. If I do ever need to, I'm sure I'll need lessons first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do be careful. Better not to have driven then to wish afterwards you hadn't. Thank goodness for a zippity scooter and living so close to so much!

    ReplyDelete