Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"YOU PASSED"

No, not gas. The written California driver’s test. But I almost didn’t get there. I had the address, and I was sure I knew where it was, But Cliff, who was driving, was quite skeptical. And when we got to the spot where I thought the DMV office should be, it wasn’t. A good thing we left the house early. Cliff swung the car around and said, “I know where it is.” And he did.

The one thing I didn’t forget was all the paper work, including the address. I had just put that address in the wrong part of town. Ah, well, all’s well that ends well, as Shakespeare once said.

Humor -- I, think you’ll either laugh or shudder at this one.

The manager spotted an old customer wandering the aisles of the supermarket. “We’re having a sale on tongue,” he said. “Would you like some?”
“Eeww,” shuddered the woman. “I would never eat anything from an animal’s mouth!”
“Then how about a dozen eggs?”

1 comment:

  1. My 17 yr old is taking driving lessons and since she's learned about roundabouts (lesson 3) the instructor let her drive all the way home instead of just back to the school where she'd have to walk back. I didn't realize Americans had to retake written tests but I noticed something about that when I checked on renewing my license in 2011. Guess I'm going to have to cram for that one!

    ReplyDelete