Wednesday, May 2, 2012

OH NO! NOT AGAIN!

Unfortunately, yes.  I fell.  Yesterday morning.  I won't go into the gory details of how it happened, but while my shoulder hurt (still does), it didn't feel like a break.  As if I knew what a break would feel like.

So I went to see my chiropractor who advised me to go get an x-ray.  It turns out that there is an acute care center just down the street from my place, or as Cliff described it, just across the street from Baskin Robbins.

After the usual paper work, they x-rayed my shoulder.  (8 x 10 glossy prints available on request.)  Diagnosis?  At first they thought it was a rotator cuff injury, but then came back to say that there might be a slight break in the area of a previous break.  And it might be that slight break and rotator cuff.  Marvelous.  In the meantime I'm wearing that sling.  It doesn't hurt if I don't move.

Oh, let's find something funny --

GREAT COME-BACKS



Miriam Hopkins vs. An Anonymous Singer 

Anonymous singer:  You know, my dear, I insured my voice for fifty thousand dollars.
Hopkins:  That’s wonderful!  And what did you do with the money?



Senator Fritz Hollings vs. Henry McMastor when challenged by his Republican opponent during a televised debate to take a drug test.
“I’ll take a drug test ... if you’ll take an IQ test.”



Bill Clinton vs. Dan Quayle after Quayle revealed that he planned to be “a pit bull” in the 1992 campaign against Clinton and Gore. 

Clinton:  “That’s got every fire hydrant in America worried.”



Reverend Edward Everett Hale vs. The U.S. Senate when asked if he prayed for the Senators. 

“No, I look at the Senators and pray for the country.”



Winston Churchill vs. a Member Of Parliament 
MP:
"Mr Churchill, must you fall asleep while I’m speaking?"
Churchill:  "No, it’s purely voluntary."


3 comments:

  1. If it doesn't hurt when you don't move, then don't. HA! Except the rest of the body which wasn't broken, move that. And then check when you can move 'cause it's not good to be still longer than necessary..... Got that? Got the BaskinRobbins, too? Before, during and after?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that my husband considers a cone of ice cream to be Emergency Room Medicine; I hope you scooped the story. Heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Don...I'm glad that it's not more serious, but I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete