Thursday, March 3, 2011

FROM TOOTHLESS TO TEETHING

Okay, we have started the process.  For those of you who have been following along (all the TOOTHLESS postings), this is to bring you up to date.  First, there is a teething ring.  No?  Well, first, in the dentist’s office yesterday, came x-rays and impressions.  The impressions serve two purposes, the dentist told me.  One is to make what they call a stay plate, which the dentist described as a retainer with teeth.  This will be my temporary teeth while my mouth heals following the extractions.  The other purpose is for the dentist to use, along with the x-rays, to thoroughly examine my mouth and come up with a treatment plan.  Then they will give me a more accurate estimate of what all this will cost me.  And how long it will take.  I’ve been stocking up on soups.

Oh, let’s lighten up and enjoy some cartoons, courtesy of Sandy --


 

2 comments:

  1. Applesauce and yogurt would be nice, too. Maybe low-salt V8....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snappeddragons! Oooh, pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete