Wednesday, January 6, 2010

TILT!

You may know that I'm handicapped, and use a variety of equipment to get around, as well as up and down. Today's posting has to do with my hemi-walker. Hemi, of course, means half, so we're talking about half a walker. Well, that's what it's called. I like this for several reasons: it's light, it can be used like a cane, and it is very stable.

Now my cockatiel Pepper has her wings clipped, so that she won't fly away. Nonetheless, she is quite mobile, and if I get up to go somewhere, she is right there, running around, through, and by me (in both directions). So the other day, as I started down the hall, she was up on a kitchen stool - she climbs very well - so I picked her up and put her on a rung of the hemi. Have a look!


I was trying to stand straight while Cliff snapped the shot, but obviously I was tilted to the left.




Humor -

A woman walks up to a little old man rocking in a chair on his porch. “I couldn’t help notice how happy you look,” she says. “What’s your secret for a long and happy life?” His response: “I smoke three packs of cigarettes a day, drink a case of whiskey a week, eat fatty foods, and never exercise.” Astonished, the woman says, “That’s amazing! How old are you?”
“Twenty-six.”

2 comments:

  1. Don, you look great in that shot. You should have seen my kids' wedding shots. It was like, you guys, someone TELL me when I'm tilted, okay?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever heard of a hemi-demi-semiquaver? Bet Alison has!

    ReplyDelete